Freehold Sale is a trading name of C21 Freeholds Ltd – Company Number: 04620201
Last updated: 18th June 2020
Your privacy is important to us. This notice applies to personal information we collect from you when you use this site, when you contact us, when we provide services to you, and when you visit our social media platforms. When doing so, you agree to the use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
From time to time we may need to update this policy to reflect changes in legislation or changes to our business policy. Please check the policy regularly to ensure you are familiar with the terms. The latest copy will always be available on this site.
Some of the links on this website may lead to other websites where you are no longer governed by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites and we encourage you to read their privacy notices carefully.
For this Privacy Notice, the data controller is C21 Freeholds Ltd, 1 The Spinney, 121 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4DL.
Information we may collect from you
We currently collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide to us when enquiring about a service, for example when you fill out a contact form or call us. This may include your name, phone number, postal address, email address and reason for your enquiry.
- Information that you provide to us with regard to our Freehold services, for example when you are selling a freehold or serving a notice. This may include but is not limited to the freehold address, freehold title, the leases, freeholder contact details, leaseholder contact details, bank account details, solicitor’s details, surveyor’s details.
- Information that you provide to us with regard to our investment services. This may include but is not limited to your contact details, bank account details, date of birth, national insurance number, personal identification documents, financial transaction records, loan agreement.
- Information we gather to manage and improve our marketing, such as information about the browser or device you use to access this site, how you use this site and the pages you visit, traffic and location data. This includes data collected from our social media platforms. This is statistical data and does not identify any individual.
How we use your information
We only use your data within our legitimate interests, for providing the services you request and in operating and maintaining the website. We use information that has been provided to us by you, obtained from this site or from our social media channels, for the purposes of:
- Responding to your enquiries, for example, where you have filled in a contact form
- Providing you with information or services you have requested
- Sending you email marketing where you have given us permission to do so. Marketing will only relate to products and services provided by this company. If at any stage, you wish to opt out of further communications with us simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in our marketing emails and this will automatically delete your personal data from Mailchimp.
- Ensuring website content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you’re accessing it from
- Undertaking anonymous data analytics to learn more about how you and others interact with this site and with our advertising
- Detecting and preventing misuse or abuse of this site or our services
We only share your personal data with third-party service providers that we use in order to deliver our services to you. Your data is only shared to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide on our behalf. Your data may be shared with:
- WP Engine – our website platform provider
- Mailchimp – our email management system
- SolarWinds – our UK hosted IT back-up service provider
- Our solicitors, where required
- Our accountant, where required
- Our IT support company – only in the respect that they manage our services
- Our website manager – only in the respect that they manage our services
You will not be contacted by anyone other than Freehold Sale.
This site only uses anonymous cookies, meaning that our cookies are not collecting any information which would enable you to be identified personally. The cookies we use are listed at the end of this notice.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
How we store your personal information
We use a range of measures to keep your information safe and secure which includes data encryption, secure server storage and compliance standards for our staff.
Your information is stored and secured as follows:
- Information entered into the website or gathered from the website is stored in the WP Engine database on a secure UK server behind a firewall. We use SSH to access our servers and use public key authentication when accessing them.
- Mailchimp is used to manage mailing lists. The Mailchimp data is stored on secure servers located in the United States and because Mailchimp certifies to the Privacy Shield framework they can lawfully receive EU data.
- Our data is backed up on UK based secure cloud storage provided by SolarWinds. All files are protected using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Customer information such as your contact details and information shared via email or telephone calls is documented and stored securely on our firewall protected, access-controlled, encrypted server.
We do not have a set limit on the length of time that we hold your personal data as the data is required for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use the information we hold to support our customers with future enquiries, in case information is required in relation to a historical transaction e.g. to settle a dispute, for marketing purposes and because financial data must be retained for 6 years to comply with the Companies Act. We review our data on a regular basis and where it is no longer required it is deleted, or where it is only retained for statistical purposes it is anonymised. You can withdraw consent for marketing emails and request deletion of your data (subject to statutory requirements for retention) at any time using the contact details provided in this notice.
In the event of a data breach, which would significantly harm individuals, we will report it within 72 hours to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. We will also notify any customers affected.
Under data protection law you have a number of rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the ‘More details about your information’ section below. You also have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk.
More details about your information
If you’d like further information regarding the privacy notice, would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you, or register a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Freehold Sale, 1 The Spinney, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4DL.
Cookies used by Freehold Sale
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics on our website to improve customer experience and make future improvements on our website. They are as follows:
- collect Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- NID Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.
- _ga 2 years Used to distinguish users.
- _gid 24 hours Used to distinguish users.
- _gat 1 minute Used to throttle request rate.
- AMP_TOKEN 30 seconds to 1 year Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
- _gac_ 90 days Contains campaign related information for the user.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
Specific ga.js cookies are as follows:
- __utmt 10 minutes Used to throttle request rate.
- __utmc End of browser session Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- __utmv 2 years from set/update Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.